NeuroMET2 Study: metrology and innovation for the early diagnosis and accurate stratification of patients with neurodegenerative diseases
The aim of this study is to improve the diagnosis of dementia caused by Alzheimer's, especially in its earliest stages, so the course of the disease can be predicted and characterized more precisely.
The following methods of measurement are applied:
- magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)
- functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRT)
- blood tests and analysis
- voluntary spinal fluid tests
- neuropsychological tests
Both common and new measurement parameters (biomarkers) are also analyzed, and after 12 months, a follow-up examination is performed. Participants in the study receive a compensation of 40€ and their examination results are passed along to their doctor.
Detailed information about the study can also be found here.
Director of the study: Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Endres (Department of Neurology, Charité Campus Mitte)
Co-director of the study: Prof. Dr. med. Agnes Flöel (University of Medicine, Universitätsmedizin-Greifswald)
Study center: Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin; Clinic and Polyclinic for Neurology in cooperation with the NeuroCure Clinical Research Center (NCRC), Campus Mitte, Charitéplatz 1, 10117 Berlin (Tel. 030 / 450 560 280, Fax 030 / 450 7 560 280)
- Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB), 10587 Berlin, Germany
- Universitätsmedizin Greifswald, 17475 Greifswald, Germany
- LGC Limited (LGC), Middlesex TW11 0LY, United Kingdom
- Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Montpellier (CHU Mpt), Biochimie - Protéomique Clinique, 34295 Montpellier, France
- Laboratoire national de métrologie d'essais (LNE), 75015 Paris, France
- RISE Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE), 41756 Gothenburg, Sweden
- Modus Outcome, Letchworth Garden City SG6 4ET United Kingdom
- Vrije Universiteit Medical Center (VUmc), 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands
Funding: EURAMET e.V. and European Metrology Program for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) - Health Call 2018.
Project number: 18HLT09
Contact: If you are interested in participating or if you have any questions regarding the NeuroMET2 Alzheimer's study, please contact the study team at (030-450 560 280). You can also send us an e-mail any time: (NeuroMET2@charite.de).
We would be happy to send you the official study brochure with any further information. Thank you very much for your interest!
The NeuroMET2 study is a continuation of the NeuroMET project (2016-2019) which was also carried out at the Charité in the NeuroCure Clinical Research Center. NeuroMET2 works with the existing cohort, following the individual changes of each subject.